Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Leatherman Juice S2

To start off let me say that I've only had the Leatherman Juice S2 for about a month now. While that's nothing to nutnfancy's I'm gonna say 5 years just hear me out. I was carrying before this a Leatherman Wave which is a good multitool but a heavy one (8.8 oz). While that weight is fine for my edc bag it's pretty damn big for my pocket.



This is an orange Juice S2 (mine's "storm" grey). It is 3.25 in closed weighs 4.4 oz and comes in grey (all juices do not sure about the SX though) and orange. Tools accessible from outside are the knife which is 420HC and is a shape nutn couldn't describe it's 2.6 inches long. It also has bottle/can opener and a nice set of scissors. On the inside we have needlenose/regular pliers w/ wire cutters, 1 Phillips head, 3 sizes of flathead a medium, small, extra small, and last but not least the lanyard ring.
 
I'm no expert at knife sharpening but the blade get's pretty sharp it's also big enough for most if not all edc tasks and if you look at the way the pops out the tool doesn't get in the way of cutting like some other multitools it's a snap lock so no prybaring. The can opener works but seems to strain the tool a little but opens bottles damn nice. I haven't had much need for the flat heads yet but watch out when you pull them out the buggers are sharp, I don't use the phillips very often but it seems to be fairly sturdy. The pliers I don't use very much except for the occasional bolt or piece of bent metal. That's about what I use it for very little might as well not even carry it and as soon as I need it bam! I'll look like an idiot scratching my head.

Now as far as I can say from what little I've experienced with this tool. I would get one (hell I already got one) they're 40ish buck on amazon I got mine for 20 used. It seem to have almost everything you'd need except a file I know the XE6 has one, the KF4 has one too but it's discontinued and has no bottle opener. Maybe I'll check them out and let you know whether it's good or sucks ass. In the end the S2 is almost perfect but still the best Juice in the long run. Until next time people who pity read this have fun, stay safe and kill mo' monsters.

No comments:

Post a Comment