Saturday, January 4, 2014

Videogame Review: Trace Memory

So this is going to be a post on a video game no idea which I was thinking of putting up a poll but... Well not kid ourselves I'm the only one hear so... Oh  I'll use Backloggery's fortune cookie thing! And holy christ monkey balls it's Trace Memory! I was hoping for Golden sun but I just re-got and replayed this game fairly recently so everything's pretty fresh in my mind.

Alright let's see (reads from empty piece of paper) this game was made by Cing bloody good company sad they filed for bankruptcy in 2010 and closed shortly after. They made a lot of good games a small list : Again (playing that right now), Hotel Dusk room 215 and well those are the only ones I played so Wikipedia link.


Protagonist and ds I mean DTS.
God I suck at writing...anyway Trace Memory is a point and click adventure sort of game with an aerial view. The gist of the story is you play as Ashley Robbins who is turning 14 (trust me it was a lot less weird when I played this years ago) who was raised by her aunt because her mother was murdered and her father presumed dead. I believe it was a few days before her birthday she receives a DTS (it's a bloody DS i tell you) from her father with a not telling her to come to Blood Edwards Island. I don't really want to spoil but this game may or may not: contain a DS, kidnap, hungry eyes, creepy uncle figure, memory manipulation, and/or a ghost kid from the 50's or was it 60's?
Could I have done a better job on this review? Probably. Should you play this game? Yes I'm surprised you don't have a tab to amazon open yet. Until next time have fun, stay safe, and rock out with your cock out! (just not in front of children...I'm looking at you Bill.)

No comments:

Post a Comment